Sunday, September 28, 2008

Almost Done!

I finished Volume 2 of Pride and Prejudice last night! I am surprised at how much I am enjoying this story! It doesn't have the obsessive hold on me that the Twilight Saga had, but I think that's because I have to work much harder to understand the language in Pride and Prejudice than I do with Twilight.

I have to admit that it's completely annoying me to stop and write a 2-3 sentence narration at the end of each chapter. I wonder if I feel that way because these chapters are so short, so the flow gets interrupted more frequently than it would in another book? I just want to read! I do know that writing the narrations has helped to cement the story in my brain, and to make sure that I'm at least understanding the basic storyline.

I am also finding that I'm able to read more quickly the further along I get in the story! I am definitely getting used to the language, and even though I don't understand every single word, I am getting the gist of the story. That is SO exciting for me!

I am planning to finish the rest of the book by Tuesday night. I would like to post my beginning thoughts on the book by next weekend, and I hope to get some discussion going at that time!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I don't think I'd like stopping to write a narration either. Glad you are enjoying it!