Friday, September 5, 2008

And the first book will be...

Pride and Prejudice, by Jane Austen!

I chose this book because Stephenie loosely based Twilight on Pride & Prejudice. You can watch the interview where she discusses this here.

Also, I chose Pride & Prejudice because Bella mentions it as one of her favorite books in Twilight on page 148 (hardcover). She had taken her volume of the works of Jane Austen out into the yard with her, and she was trying to decide which book to read:

"My favorites were Pride and Prejudice and Sense and Sensibility. I'd read the first most recently..."


Which makes me wonder: Does Bella write in HER books? If I ever meet Stephenie Meyer, I'm going to ask her!!

Discussion will begin in October! I'll nail down a specific date in a week or so.

No comments: