Wednesday, October 1, 2008

My summary

OK, here is my first step now that I've finished the book. I am to summarize the book in a couple of sentences.

Pride and Prejudice
by Jane Austen
first published 1813

Elizabeth Bennett meets Mr. Fitwilliam Darcy and instantly takes a disliking to him, based solely upon her expectations and interpretations of his behavior. Through a series of family crises, she learns that she judged him wholly incorrectly, and she and Mr. Darcy find their way through their own prejudices into a loving relationship.

Wow, that was NOT as easy as I expected it to be. I can talk at length about the story, but to narrow it down into a few sentences is quite a challenge.

Tomorrow I will give my brief outlining of the beginning, middle, and end. Then I will get into my more personal thoughts! :)

I would love for anyone who might be reading to share your own short summary!

No comments: