Friday, October 31, 2008

Wuthering Heights in December

Due to my taking on the project of writing a 50,000 word novel in the month of November, the discussion for Wuthering Heights will have to come in December instead!

I have made it through Chapter 11 so far, and it's a very different read from Pride & Prejudice! It took me a chapter or two to figure out who was narrating. I was expecting it to be a young woman! :) That will teach me not to make assumptions. I am finding that I'm understanding it earlier than I did P&P, with the exception of one character who is written in a dialect and I cannot make heads or tails of what he is saying!

So please check back in December... I'm also going to be re-reading Eclipse in December, which is the book in the Twilight Saga where Bella is reading Wuthering Heights over and over again! So I'll finally be able to understand what Bella and Edward are talking about in their references to Cathy and Heathcliff! ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I've never read Wuthering Heights either- maybe I'll try inDecember too. But NaNoWriMO comes first!

Hugs & Good Writing!

Marla

Wee Pip said...

I hated Wuthering Heights in high school, but have been tempted to read it after the Twilight series.
Type on, fellow novelist!!
Sarah